Oh, the conveniences of modern life: from having a computer in our pockets everywhere we go that is more powerful than the ones that put men on the moon, to self-driving cars, we are truly living in an age of miracles. And one of the greatest conveniences has to be the ability to shop online. However the convenience sometimes turns into a nightmare when things don’t turn out quite as advertised. Here are some examples of tremendous–and hilarious– fails in adventures in online shopping.
1. I thought this would change from a black cup to a nice Christmas scene. Nope. They copied the demo image.
2. Two-person tent is clearly not the same as a two-person CHILD’S tent
3. What a cute set of pajamas… Wait. What the hell is that?
4. You gotta check the dimensions, man
5. She tried to surprise her mom for Mother’s Day, but Amazon has no chill
6. Cool cane, though…
7. This “fur wolf tail for Halloween Fancy Dress” looks, um, uncomfortable?
8. But that cat will look super cool when it’s time to go back to classes in the fall
9. Flower fail
10. Did you mean feet or inches?
11. His 16 year old daughter isn’t allowed out of the house in this, but the cat looks super stoked
12. Snug as a bug in a horrible, horrible rug
13. Now order some tiny binoculars so you can watch your tiny TV
14. I hate it when previous owners leave their prints all over their electronic devices
15. Flower substitution that will have your mom crying
16. Going for the potato sack/ancient Egyptian look, I see
17. For those born without a torso
18. It’s waiting for you to stuff it with love
19. A runner for your hallway, or for your book
20. At least his shoulders will be nice and warm
21. Mom ordered some lovely garden deck chairs. Maybe the garden gnomes can enjoy them?
22. Size is everything, at least when ordering online
23. There are seriously a lot of dollhouses out there missing their stuff
24. *Your results may vary
25. There’s a little punk rocker somewhere sadly going barefoot to his tiny mosh pits
26. Boy’s arm chair manufacturer had a very specific size boy in mind
27. More disappointment received within 4-6 weeks
28. This $750 piece of paper he thought was going to be an Xbox One
29. What a cool vest! Oh…
30. Maybe think twice when ordering clothes from China
31. Moms ordering online are a fount of hilarity
32. Shroedinger’s pants: you’re wearing them but you’re also not wearing anything at all
33. Expectation versus reality, level flowers
34. Just 90 degrees off, that’s not much, right?
35. Maybe if you smiled like the model in the ad…
36. Ghost Princess Leia
37. That face will haunt your dreams
38. Hey, crystal, spray-painted rock…tomato tomahto, amirite?
39. Chinese tailors strike again, prom version
40. When this dress turned out to be a shirt